Could this be considered as a candidate to be listed as a safe alternative to Android in privacytools.io?
Bellow you can read a description I copied from their webiste
What’s in /e/OS?
/e/OS is a complete mobile ecosystem which includes a mobile operating system (ROM) and online-services. The /e/OS project was launched at the end of 2017. It has historically been the first mobile OS to focus on deGoogling.
- Open source
- Compatible with existing Android applications
- Cares about usability
- running on more than 200 different smartphone models
/e/OS is an alternative to the Apple/Google duopoly for smartphone users.
/e/OS consists of:
- an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from LineageOS/AOSP, and completely “deGoogled”
- a default set of open source applications that have been improved and optimized for the user
- various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, a cloud drive with data synchronization, mail, calendar, notes, tasks.
/e/OS is also available pre-installed on a range of Murena smartphones.