Hello, I would like to suggest adding some services offered by Infomaniak, a Swiss hosting company that respects privacy.
They offer a suite of SaaS collaboration software that is a great alternative to Gafam. While not all of it is end-to-end encrypted like many of the software you recommend on PrivacyTool, their services come close in ease of use and collaboration features to what Gafam offers, making them real alternatives for those looking for a balance between privacy and ease of use.
A free offer named etik.com is available with 15 GB of cloud storage and 20 GB of email storage (with an @etik.com, @ik.me or @ikmail.com address).
Here are the services that could be added to PrivacyTools:
- kDrive: cloud storage with collaboration tools (OnlyOffice with real-time editing). The free offer includes 15 GB of storage, it is possible to increase to 2 TB of storage for €5/month (pricing here). Mobile and desktop applications are open-source (Android app available on F-Droid). Files are not end-to-end encrypted, but they plan to add encrypted folders.
- Mail: free email with 20 Go storage. No special features, but the web client is nice to use (a mobile application is under development). An email address is also offered if you buy a domain name from them, which allows you to change provider at any time.
- Contacts / Calendar: calendar and contacts service included with emails, CalDAV synchronization (open-source application).
- kMeet: Free online video conferencing without any account. No end-to-end encryption by default, but can be easily enabled. Open-source mobile apps.
- kPaste: E2E encrypted message sharing, similar to Bitwarden Send (but without any account).
Most of their services are based on open-source software (NextCloud, Jitsi, ...) but with many changes in the interface and features.
I personally use kDrive and mails with a custom domain for more than a year, I am very satisfied with their services, that's why I wanted to share them 🙂